Then during the meeting, we were busy learning about our bodies and healthy meals and earned the My Best Self Badge.
Special thanks to Ava and Sarah LaPlant for leading the badge! Great job!
We had fun:
• Talking with our guest speaker, my friend Rose Link, SACS school nurse, and learning about her job
• Learning about MyPlate and healthy meals
• Starting a "Happy" bag (have your daughter explain it and add to it)
• Eating LOTS of very healthy snacks and healthy carbonated water! (thanks Sarah!!!)
Continue the fun at home:
• Ask your Girl Scout about the new MyPlate food guide.
• Plan and cook a healthy meal together.
• Look through the Girl’s Guide with your Brownie to find other activities you can try at home.
REMINDER: Please fill out the 2 forms (permission, medication) for the overnight trip. You can either mail them to me, drop them off in my porch (no need to knock), or simply have your daughter give them to Elaine at school. Please have these back to either of us by November 15th so we aren't rushing the day of the trip with lost or incomplete paperwork!
BADGES: The circle badge that says 100 year of girl scouting 2012 has 2 "rockers" that are to be sewed on top and bottom of it. the leaf rocker is from raking leaves, and the pink one with a candle is from going to the mall of america event last spring. Let me know if you have questions. As always, the triangle badges (i.e. "my best self" with the giraffe and ruler on it) can be ironed on the front, and all others are sewn on the back. The girls also have tshirts coming from the centennial day of service, and will receive them on our overnight trip.
Have a great weekend!