Friday, December 9, 2011

Salvation Army Bell Ringing


UPDATE:

Here is the tentative schedule based upon those who have responded. If additional people want to help, I can add them in the last two shifts. Everyone can work longer than their scheduled shift if they want.

I would love to have other parents volunteer to help, so that I don't have to be there the entire 2 hours. I want to have two parents there in case one girl needs to use the rest room or go inside to warm up.



______
I have signed our troop up to be bell ringers for the Salvation Army Kettle at Cub in Shakopee on Thursday December 22 from 5-7pm. This is an optional event. We will not be having a regular meeting that night because it is so close to the holiday season and people may be heading out of town.

If your daughter is interested in helping out, we will schedule small shifts during the 2 hour window based upon the number of girls and or parents in interested. Please let Tammy know if you are interested, and your shift preferences. 5-5:30, 5:30-6, 6-6:30, 6:30-7. I would very much welcome parent help with this community service event! Siblings who are scouts (boys or girls) are also welcome to help! Hopefully we'll be able to fit their vests over their coats :) If not, I'll make a sign that says who we are.

3 comments:

  1. When I read this to Abbie she was so excited she screamed! All I was thinking about was how cold it will be! Anyway one of the earlier times will be preferable, and Sydney will be there too if she doesn't have basketball that night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! Yes it will be cold, but I figured the girls would have this reaction. Autumn has ALWAYS wanted to do this. But I figured after 1/2 hour they will get cold! just have to layer layer layer!

    ReplyDelete